Want to Book a MoMS Exhibit?
The Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service (SITES) is pleased to offer an open booking process for state humanities councils interested in touring Museum on Main Street (MoMS) exhibitions. Interested state councils should contact Carol Harsh, Director, Museum on Main Street at 202.465.5267 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book an exhibition.
Booking Process for State Humanities Councils:
- It's a hard deciscion, but you'll need to decide on an exhibition first. (Some exhibitions may be fully booked). Check out the maps below to see which exhibitions currently have open slots.
- Give Carol Harsh a call at 202.465.5267 and tell her you want MoMS to visit your state! Carol will work with you to schedule the exhibition you want and the year you wish to host the exhibition.
- Your perfect slot will be held until your council is able to confirm the booking. Organizations will be asked to commit to a booking three years prior to the beginning of a tour to maintain our programmatic and training schedule.
- At the time a booking is confirmed, a state council receives a contract for the exhibition and is billed for a $3,000 deposit. A confirmed booking and signed contract fully commits the council to the tour. The balance of the participation fee is due at the beginning of the tour in the state.
These Exhibitions Have Open Slots!
Booking Policies: Just So You Know :-)
- MoMS exhibitions are only available for booking via the sponsorship of a state humanities council or another statewide organization.
- Unfortunately, exhibitions are not available for individual bookings by museums. Museums and other institutions interested in hosting a MoMS exhibit should contact their state humanities council to discuss their state's plans for hosting a tour.
- Encore tours, concurrent tours, and double bookings of the same exhibition are encouraged, pending availability. On the last year of an exhibition’s availability, priority will be given to state councils who have not hosted that exhibit.